Available as either 1/2 Day Classroom or as BIM eLearning through BIMeLearn.com
The ISO 19650 Basics of BIM provides an understanding of why BIM as Information Management is a fundamental requirement in delivering change within the AEC Industry and provides a common understanding of the acronyms. terms and definitions to facilitate collaborative exchange as we start to take advantage of the digital capabilities available to us.
The course is delivered as a ½ day classroom (Approx. 4 Hours).
This course is suitable for everyone who requires an understanding of BIM and is a prerequisite of those attending the OCSL Principles of BIM course
The course provides a basic understanding of the common terms and definitions relating to BIM
- Unit 1 – Delivering Digital Transformation
- Unit 2 – BIM, what is it?
Available as either 2 Day Classroom or as eLearning through BIMeLearn.com
Developed by world leading experts in BIM as Building Information Management involved in both the development of UK and International learning outcomes frameworks the OCSL courses are intended not just to provide a page turner on the ISO 19650 standards themselves but practical implementation of this framework to improve your project delivery.
The ISO 19650 Principles of Building Information Management course is the second step towards understanding the BIM requirements as identified in the international standard ISO 19650. This course provides a general overview of Building Information Management, the needs and benefits as well as providing an overview of the key terminology and concepts.
Taking on board the requirements of ISO 19650 Parts 1, 2, & 5 it looks at what is needed to deliver a project based upon the Appointing Party resources and content including the:
- Organizational Information Requirements
- Asset Information Requirements
- Security Information Requirements
- Project’s information requirements
- Project’s information delivery milestones
- Exchange information requirements
- Level of information need
- Project’s information standard
- Project’s information production methods and procedures
- Reference information
- Shared resources
- Project’s information protocol
Available as either Classroom or as eLearning through BIMeLearn.com
Developed by world leading experts in BIM as Building Information Management involved in both the development of UK and International learning outcomes frameworks the OCSL ISO 19650 Information Management course is intended not just to provide a page turner on the ISO 19650 standards themselves but practical implementation of this framework to improve your project delivery as either a Clients (Appointing Party) or Delivery Team member. Taking on board the requirements of ISO 19650 Parts 1,2, & 5 it looks at what is needed to deliver a project based upon the Appointing Party Resources and content including the:
Pre Appointment Resources and Content
- (Pre-appointment) BIM execution plan
- High level responsibility matrix
- Proposed information delivery strategy
- Proposed federation strategy
- Assessment of task team capability and capacity
- Summary of the delivery team’s capability and capacity
- Proposed mobilization plan
- Risk register
Appointment Resources and Content
- Delivery team’s BIM execution plan
- Detailed responsibility matrix
- Information delivery strategy
- Schedule of software, hardware, and IT infrastructure
- Lead Consultant / Lead Contractor’s exchange information requirements
- Task information delivery plan
- Master information delivery plan
This course forms Stage 3 of the OCSL education pathway and is for professionals who undertake Information Management functions (Roles or Responsibilities) in accordance with ISO 19650. These can either be on behalf of an Appointing Party, Lead Appointed Party or a Task Teams.